The birthday person is treated to a unique comedy ride....an unforgettable, unique comedy show on the road...a slapstick journey of adventure with Comedian, Don Murchison!...in the most remarkable & photographed car in Australia...& possibly the World! - Its a work of art! The "Chookmobile" is a Subaru car, also known as the "SubaRooster!"... During the journey, or rather Act, she / he will be thoroughly entertained, with many happy memories and unforgettable experiences! The act begins with a glass of bubbly for the guest of honour, & crowing through a speaker on the bonnet of the Chookmobile!
The journey includes a specially prepared Comedy Script, about the birthday person!.......Plus if it is a female passenger, or gullible passenger, a faked breakdown (usually after the car has back-fired)......The birthday person is also dusted down with a chook feather duster, has her / his hands washed from a water nozzel at the back of the chook (the chook has a water tank), and hair is combed with an oversized comb. Photo opportunities are included.
Usually only the birthday person travels in the Chookmobile. Others can follow in a taxi if necessary, to be in on the action!
The total cost of the act is $475 for a private / non-corporate booking, plus travelling time & possible extra charges.
Corporate bookings are $775, plus travelling time & possible extra charges.
Let us know, by email, where you would like the person to be picked up & taken to, & we will let you know the exact travelling expenses.
* COMEDY SPECIALISTS, DON MURCHISON, ARTISTES & SCRIPT WRITER RESERVE COPYRIGHT ON ALL PERFORMANCES. Any video of the performance is for private use & must not be reproduced, sold, or screened on TV, without the express conditional approval of Comedy Specialists, the performers & script writer.
* Comedy Specialists expect a courtesy request to video or film the act. In return for allowing filming, the client will supply a copy of the video to "Comedy Specialists" for their records, free of charge.
* Prices are current as per the date at the bottom of the relevant page & are always subject to the availability of specific performers & artists. Prices require confirmation for the following year.
* FOR BOOKINGS WE REQUIRE A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT, to confirm your booking, with the balance payable just prior to the gig. This can be done through internet banking or direct transfer to our nominated bank account. Bookings are not confirmed, nor are dates held, until we receive your deposit & it is cleared by the bank. Until we receive your deposit we reserve our right to confirm other bookings. We are strictly limited with the number of gigs we can perform on any day or night, & once we receive our quota, we do not accept further bookings. Thus to avoid disappointment, your deposit should be made without delay. The final payment is due just PRIOR to the performance, either by cash, bank cheque, internet banking or direct transfer to our nominated bank account. Personal cheques are accepted only if they are paid & received at least a week in advance of the booking to allow for clearance.
* Once confirmed there is no cancelation clause & deposits are non refundable.
* The cost includes Script Writing, Comedian & Dancer [if relevant for this act]. Other charges may apply [see below.]
* When you verbally [or via email] confirm your booking with us, we will email you a CONFIRMATION & QUESTIONNAIRE FORM. You complete & email this back to us. It becomes the brief to write the script.
* All performances are scripted & performed in jest, fun & good faith, without meaning to be vindictive. Comedy Specialists, the performers & script writer are not responsible if the performance happens to offend anyone. Care is taken to see the script & performance are in keeping with the information that is supplied as a guideline in the questionnaire. Your thorough completion of the questionnaire will assist us to write a memorable script.
* When we organise a Package with a Cruise Boat, Comical Catering, the Foolty Towers Impostors Act, or other subcontractors, the final payment is due at least 14 days PRIOR to the performance.
* Where parking is charged, or difficult, arrangements must be made by the organiser / company / venue so this is not a cost or inconvenience to the performers.
* Travel expenses & other charges may apply. Please see below for details.
Travelling time is additional and added to the fee. When you let us know the location & time, we will confirm the travelling time. e.g. Offpeak to the city is $20, Offpeak to Parramatta is $35, Offpeak to Bondi Beach is $35, Offpeak to Chatswood is $10.
Relevant Harbour Bridge, Tunnel & Road Tolls are additional.
* Usual SHORT NOTICE CHARGE to prepare script -
..................Only 3 or 4 office days - extra $25.
..................1 - 2 office days - extra $50.
..................SAME DAY - (or less than 8 office hours notice) - extra $75.
An additional charge, usually of $25 applies for bookings made outside Sydney, when interstate, international or mobile phone charges apply.
* ADDITIONAL SUNDAY PERFORMANCE CHARGE - extra $25.
* PUBLIC HOLIDAYS:
..................Xmas & New Year's Eve - minimum $250, depending on act.
..................Good Friday to Easter Mon. - extra $150.
..................Most other Public Holidays or Public Holiday Weekends - $100.
..................If Public Holiday falls on Fri., Sat., Sun. - $125. [other than Easter & Xmas.]
* COMEDIAN also DANCES with recipient - can teach Ceroc steps - $50.
* BOOKINGS between 10pm - Midnight, & 8am -10am - additional $100.
* BOOKINGS between Midnight - 8am - additional $200.
* BOOKINGS between 5 - 7 pm , Monday to Friday, except public holidays, when not affected by peak hour driving. - additional $50. This may not apply for Local Bookings.
* 'SILLY SEASON' BOOKINGS, 10th November - 9th January -
..................Saturday & Sunday Daytime - extra $75.
..................Thurs. Night - $75.
..................Fri. & Sat. Nights - $100.
..................Mon., Tues., Wed. (day & night), Thur., Fri. (day) - $50.
* 'Silly Season' Short Notice charge -
..................less than 3 office days - $100.
..................Only 4 - 5 office days - $50.
..................SAME DAY or less than 8 office hours notice - extra $150.
* FLOWERS. / WINE. / HIRED COSTUME. / COURIER. - $extra.
* The price allows for a half hour Starting Time Range. [This is to allow for potential delays in traffic or holdups if performing more than one gig.] If you want the show to start at a precise time, ie. a GUARANTEED STARTING TIME, this is an additional charge of $150. In this instance, if we are more than five minutes late starting, there is no additional charge of $150.
* If a female dancer is included, as part of a duet act [e.g. Cake Act, Surprise Retirement Parcel, or the Santa Comedy & Dance Act], occasionally, especially if short notice, we may not be able to book a dancer from our normal pool of talent. If this happens & we have to subcontract through an outside dance agency, the price may increase to reflect the extra dancer fee component of the act.
* OUT OF TOWN GIGS - extra $50 - $750, depending on inconvenience & extent it restricts number of gigs performed on day / night.
* TWO /three / ...?... PERSON SCRIPT - (When script is written for 2 or more people.) - $50 per extra person. [Each person receives a copy of the script & is included in the script. For more people, the script & performance time may be longer.]
Please CLICK HERE to return to the COMEDY SPECIALISTS HOME PAGE.
The Jungle Chalet,
Cnr Valleyview Cres. & Innes Rd,
SYDNEY, NSW, 2065.
|Phone:||61 - 2 - 9906 2350. (9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday. Answer phone after hours.)|
|Mobile:||n/a. (en route to gigs.)|
|Facsimile:||We have now discarded our fax in favour of email|
This page was last amended 6.3.2011.
Visitors since 3.11.2011: