The New Anorexic Santa, alias Comedian & Variety Artiste Don Murchison, bursts into your Christmas party, with the traditional Ho...Ho...Ho... and 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' (song). He walks around the tables & sits a few ladies from the audience upon his knee. The ensuing repartee invariably leaves the audience in fits of laughter. Santa next delivers a short witty speech (a specially written comedy script, with reference to information you have faxed us about the guests or the company. We fax you a questionnaire form.) At the conclusion of the script, he invites the Managing Director (or eminent guest) to open a gigantic parcel. Out leaps Ms Mary Christmas, an attractive dancer, who performs an energetic dance routine (modern, jazz, tap or acrobatic!) The act concludes with the Santas giving out hilarious comical / booby-prize presents to pre-selected guests of your choice.
To select the comical / booby-prize presents we fax you a list of approximately 200 personality traits which match suitable comical / booby-prize presents. (There is a wide choice, from non-contentious to risque). All presents are comical or ridiculous gifts, allowing for differing senses of humour. The presents are comparatively inexpensive, as we buy at wholesale prices & only add a very low markup to cover our costs. Gifts range in price from under $1 to just over $15. Gifts usually average around $5 each. After you have faxed back your gift list, & have received them from the wholesaler, we calculate the exact cost of the gifts for you. We can then let you know the final price & invoice accordingly.
We find most companies tend to give comical / booby-prize presents to 6 - 20 guests. Usually gifts are given to employees only or select guests - especially those who have made gaffes, faux pas, or have been caught in humorous or embarrassing situations [to laugh about in hindsight] during the year. Gifts are also sometimes given to a popular or helpful people as thanks or a reward, the MD, or someone who may be far from popular, due to a particular decision made during the year.
Every year some companies leave their bookings till the last minute & find we are either booked out, or they miss out on their choice of date, time or first choice for comical / booby-prize presents! We urge you to book & decide on gifts as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
The early bird gets the worm, with $100 DISCOUNT, if booked before the Silly Season begins....ie. confirm & pay your deposit prior to 1st November & the price is only $1,400 + Comical Presents.
* COMEDY SPECIALISTS, DON MURCHISON, ARTISTES & SCRIPT WRITER RESERVE COPYRIGHT ON ALL PERFORMANCES. Any video of the performance is for private use & must not be reproduced, sold, or screened on TV, without the express conditional approval of Comedy Specialists, the performers & script writer.
* Comedy Specialists expect a courtesy request to video or film the act. In return for allowing filming, the client will supply a copy of the video to "Comedy Specialists" for their records, free of charge.
* Prices are current as per the date at the bottom of the relevant page & are always subject to the availability of specific performers & artists. Prices require confirmation for the following year.
* FOR BOOKINGS WE REQUIRE A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT, to confirm your booking, with the balance payable just prior to the gig. This can be done through internet banking or direct transfer to our nominated bank account. Bookings are not confirmed, nor are dates held, until we receive your deposit & it is cleared by the bank. Until we receive your deposit we reserve our right to confirm other bookings. We are strictly limited with the number of gigs we can perform on any day or night, & once we receive our quota, we do not accept further bookings. Thus to avoid disappointment, your deposit should be made without delay. The final payment is due just PRIOR to the performance, either by cash, bank cheque, internet banking or direct transfer to our nominated bank account. Personal cheques are accepted only if they are paid & received at least a week in advance of the booking to allow for clearance.
* Once confirmed there is no cancelation clause & deposits are non refundable.
* The cost includes Script Writing, Comedian & Dancer [if relevant for this act]. Other charges may apply [see below.]
* When you verbally [or via email] confirm your booking with us, we will email you a CONFIRMATION & QUESTIONNAIRE FORM. You complete & email this back to us. It becomes the brief to write the script.
* All performances are scripted & performed in jest, fun & good faith, without meaning to be vindictive. Comedy Specialists, the performers & script writer are not responsible if the performance happens to offend anyone. Care is taken to see the script & performance are in keeping with the information that is supplied as a guideline in the questionnaire. Your thorough completion of the questionnaire will assist us to write a memorable script.
* When we organise a Package with a Cruise Boat, Comical Catering, the Foolty Towers Impostors Act, or other subcontractors, the final payment is due at least 14 days PRIOR to the performance.
* Where parking is charged, or difficult, arrangements must be made by the organiser / company / venue so this is not a cost or inconvenience to the performers.
* Travel expenses & other charges may apply. Please see below for details.
For bookings that are made during the Silly Season, or with short notice, we can not be sure that all Comical Gifts, from our list, will be available. We may need to supply gifts from our available stock, which would mean less choice.
* Travelling expenses apply IF over half hour each way, i.e. one hour or more total estimated driving time.
* Relevant Harbour Bridge, Tunnel & Road Tolls are additional.
* Usual SHORT NOTICE CHARGES apply for script preparation -
..................Less than One Weeks Notice [5 working days, during the Silly Season] - additional $150.
..................If the script must be written during a weekend - extra $250.
* An additional charge, usually of $25 applies for bookings made outside Sydney, when interstate, international or mobile phone charges apply.
* Sundays are an extra - $50.
* PUBLIC HOLIDAYS:
..................Christmas Day - negotiable, minimum $550 extra.
..................Evening of Christmas Eve - extra $300.
..................Most other Public Holidays or Public Holiday Weekends - $100.
..................If Public Holiday falls on Fri., Sat., Sun. - $125. [other than Easter & Xmas.]
* COMEDIAN [Santa] also DANCES with MD [or nominated person] - & teaches Ceroc steps - additional $100.
* BOOKINGS between 10pm - Midnight, & 8am -10am - additional $200.
* BOOKINGS between Midnight - 8am - additional $500.
* BOOKINGS between 4.30 - 7.30 pm , Monday to Friday, except public holidays [when not affected by peak hour driving.] This is a discretionary charge and will not apply if traffic conditions are unlikely to affect traveling time. - additional $50 - $100.
* The price allows for a half hour Starting Time Range. [This is to allow for potential delays in traffic or holdups if performing more than one gig.] If you want the show to start at a precise time, ie. a GUARANTEED STARTING TIME, this is an additional charge of $250. In this instance, if we are more than five minutes late starting due to our fault, there is no additional charge of $250, and the normal price [for time of day, amount of notice] applies.
* Because a female dancer is included, as part of this duet act [also applies to Cake Act, Surprise Retirement Parcel], occasionally, especially if short notice, we may not be able to book a dancer from our normal pool of talent. If this happens & we have to subcontract through an outside dance agency, the price may increase, in which case we will have to pass on any additional fees that apply.
* OUT OF TOWN GIGS - extra $50 - $750, depending on inconvenience & extent it restricts number of gigs performed on day / night.
* PARKING needs to be arranged in advance by the organiser. Loading docks or street parking is preferred. Low ceiling car parks are unsuitable.
Please CLICK HERE to return to the COMEDY SPECIALISTS HOME PAGE.
The Jungle Chalet,
Cnr Valleyview Cres. & Innes Rd,
SYDNEY, NSW, 2065.
|Phone:||61 - 2 - 9906 2350. (9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday. Answer phone after hours.)|
|Mobile:||n/a. (en route to gigs.)|
|Facsimile:||N/A: We now scan & email.|
We look forward to ensuring that your Christmas party is a very merry one!!!
Visitors since 3.11.2011: